Send by Email-Crash

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

sdulaney
User

Send by Email-Crash

Post by sdulaney »

I am running v6 Build 322.5. I have Outlook 2016 as my Mail Client.

This error just started happening the past few days, and I need assistance in getting it fixed. Whenever I clicked Send by Mail, my outlook would open with the PDF as an attachment. Now for some reason, whenever I click send by mail, PDF-XChange Editor crashes. I have to start the program up again, and I have to save my PDF locally, then manually attach it to an email in outlook. I have uninstalled and re-installed the program and still is not fixed. Any root cause for this to start happening suddenly? I would love to get back to just clicking the send by email icon instead of having to save the pdf and attaching it manually.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Send by Email-Crash

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello sdulaney,

Thank you for your post. Are you seeing this with all PDF files?

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
sdulaney
User

Post by sdulaney »

Yes. I have tried several different files and whenever I click the Send by Mail icon, the program just closes. Sometimes I will get a Windows box saying the Program stopped working and that a problem caused to the program to stop working correctly. Other times, it will just close. Uninstalling and Re-installing the software has not fixed this solution.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hello sdulaney,

Thank you for getting back to me. Please take a look at the link below with instructions on creating a dump (dmp) file so that we can see what has caused the issue: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowled ... estigation

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
sdulaney
User

Post by sdulaney »

I have emailed the dmp file over. Thanks for your help.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hi sdulaney,

I can confirm that we received your e-mail. I'll forward it to our developers for investigation.

Regards,
Radi
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi All,

We have had several reports of this and found that the fault is caused by some change in outlook. We will be implementing a workaround in the next build which is tentatively slated for release in September.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest