Documents with 3D Content

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

bqxmprij
User

Documents with 3D Content

Post by bqxmprij »

I sometimes receive pdfs with 3D content. They appear to be made from CAD programs. But, PDF-XChange Editor does not display them. The document just appears blank. Is there a setting I need to adjust? When I open the document in Adobe Reader, a yellow message pops up stating "3D content has been disable. Enable this feature if you trust this document." If the process is similar in PDF-XChange Editor, can we get a warning message asking use to enable 3D content?

If PDF-XChange Editor will not display the content regardless of settings, could a warning message be displayed somewhere that some content is not being displayed? I have burned more time then I would like to admit speaking to the senders about their blank pdf only to realize that PDF-XChange Editor just won't display it correctly.

Sorry, I cannot send you any sample documents.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Documents with 3D Content

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Similar question a few days ago:
https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ ... 4&p=114897

??? Indeed a question for Tracker Development, if it would be possible to show a warning in case of 3D content. ???
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Documents with 3D Content

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi Willy,

That is a very good suggestion! I will discuss this with the development team and push for implementation of a warning when 3D PDF are opened.

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America