Search provider translation question

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

yogi108
User

Search provider translation question

Post by yogi108 »

Hi,

I am using the search provider for translating marked text. It works well, if the new generated provider record link is marked as default.
What I have done...
Now I wanted to translate with another provider in the list (wikpedia, google, etc.)
With the right click I get the menu, have the mouse over the "Internet search [my standard]", the submenu pops up and I am choosing
Google search with left click. The submenu title changes to Google, I have to click on it - and it opens with my default search provider.

Am I doing something wrong to get the non-default search provider like Google?
Using the latest .5 version,

Thanks a lot,
"You cannot know the meaning of your life until you are connected to the power that created you.”
Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, founder of Sahaja Yoga
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Search provider translation question

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Yogi,

If I understood your explanation correctly - you have a problem with that you have selected a new search provider - and it seems to be set as the default, but then when you click on that new default provider (without showing the extra menu with all the providers) it is not using that but the one that was the default before?

Can you please check that you have and are running build 322.5 and that e.g. your antivirus is not blocking the Editor from making changes to the registry?

Regards,
Stefan
yogi108
User

Post by yogi108 »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Hello Yogi,

If I understood your explanation correctly - you have a problem with that you have selected a new search provider - and it seems to be set as the default, but then when you click on that new default provider (without showing the extra menu with all the providers) it is not using that but the one that was the default before?

Can you please check that you have and are running build 322.5 and that e.g. your antivirus is not blocking the Editor from making changes to the registry?

Regards,
Stefan
Hallo Stefan,
I´m running the latest 322.5
So my description was not so bad but the last part you didn´t get: My new provider works well, because it is the default one.
In short: only the default provider is working. If I make Google as default, it is possible to select the other providers in the submenu list, the title of the menu is changing to the chosen
provider, clicking on it will start the provider marked as default - in the last case Google.

See the video: http://yogi108.site11.com/dl/14-07-2017-01-28-49.mp4
Properties
Properties
"You cannot know the meaning of your life until you are connected to the power that created you.”
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Yogi,

Thanks for the video,
On my end (and a colleague also tested with the same behaviour at his machine) - when I click the new search provider on the additional list - I do get the default changed, and a search immediately starts with the new provider selected. It is then also set as the "default", and from there on - when I click it - it correctly uses that new search provider from there on.

So in your video - the first click on Yahoo on the side would have set Yahoo as the default, and immediately started a search in it. Then the second search would have also started a Yahoo search.

Have you tried resetting the Editor's options and see if that will help?

Regards,
Stefan
yogi108
User

Post by yogi108 »

Hi Stefan,

I see there is a different behaviour, I click in the submenu and the search doesn´t start immediatley.
I have to click again and then starts the search with the default provider ....

Just did "Edit->Reset settings", disabled the virusscanner, restarted - the same behaviour.

Any hints?

Thanks a lot

Edit: Did uninstall and downloaded last version, virusscanner off, new install - same problem
I have seen that the files in user->...->appdata->Roaming are not deleted during uninstall
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Yogi,

I am out of ideas why this is behaving differently for you - certainly the behaviour I see here at my end is the one I'd expect from this feature!

Are you on a limited windows user account (e.g. with restricted privileges and registry access)?
Also - have you tried to do a full reinstall with removing all folders associated with our products, and also maybe cleaning the cache and temporary files on your machine?

Alternatively - do you have access to another machine on which you can try to install the Editor and test there?

Cheers,
Stefan
yogi108
User

Post by yogi108 »

Hallo Stefan,

On my PC I have two accounts, both Admin rights, Win 10 x64
Believe it, on the first account it is working as estimated.
I exported from there the settings, did a reset and reimport at the other account, no success.

Could be a Windows Problem also....
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

HI Yogi,

it is quite bizarre that it works in one account and not the other.
You say that both are with bull dmin privileges?
Was the Editor installed through the account in which everything works correctly or the other one?

Cheers,
Stefan
yogi108
User

Post by yogi108 »

Hallo Stefan,

I am not 100% sure, but I think it was installed with the account where it isn't working now.

Just created a new account, it is working. Changed also the ACCOUNT TYPE to standard, new login, working also.

If you need more infos on this topic it is OK for me.

kind regards,
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Yogi,

Thank you so much for trying that! Unfortunately, it seems to have raised more questions than answers. We will need to discuss this with our development team and get back to you on this.

We apologise for the inconvenience.
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
yogi108
User

Post by yogi108 »

You are welcome, your valuable work is very much appreciated,

kind regards,
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi Yogi,

We've done some testing here and it would seem that we are unable to reproduce this issue. Would you be able to participate in a remote session with our dev team? Please email support@pdf-xchange.com linking back to this topic to schedule a remote session.

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
yogi108
User

Post by yogi108 »

Dear support and developer team,

I want to express my gratitude after this really professional remote session last night (Europe time :-)
Even I think it´s a Windows problem - working well in 2 accounts, not working in 1 account - you found a workaround in less than 1 hour.

Keep on your valuable work,

kind regards, :D :D :D
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

No worries Yogi, that's why we're here :D
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com