Right Click Menu

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

janeg
User

Right Click Menu

Post by janeg »

I see how to customize toolbars, but I'm wondering if it's possible to customize the right-click menu.

Thanks!
Jane
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Right Click Menu

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Jane,

Thanks for the post - At this time it's not possible, but I believe that we are looking at potentially implementing this in a future release.

It's worth noting that these menus are contextual, meaning that the options offered will differ depending on what has been clicked, so it's unlikely to be plausible to offer customization of each and every one of these menus.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
JimmyD
User

Post by JimmyD »

The Directory Opus file manager allows for this kind of customization. It might be worth looking into that for inspiration.
janeg
User

Post by janeg »

Thanks, Will. I was in particular wondering about adding the Export function to the right-click menu that appears when you right-click on a page in an open document. Viewer had this option and one of my coworkers who is transitioning to Editor misses it.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello janeg,

The main context menu when you click over a page was starting to get quite big - so we tried to make it shorter.
An alternative would be to right click over the thumbnail of the page (the thumbnails pane can be opened with Ctrl-T) - and the Export menu will be available there.

Cheers,
Stefan