Page zoom according to orientation

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

megacable
User

Page zoom according to orientation

Post by megacable »

Hey guys,

99% of my pdfs are about DIN A4 size. Either landscape (mostly presentations) or portrait (scientific papers).
I use page layout: single page forced.

Is it somehow possible to
  • fit the zoom of all landscape pdfs according to their height (so scrolling will immediately change page --> fit page) while
  • all portrait pdfs have zoom 100% so the font is big enough to read and like original on paper.
I'm not sure what the proper configuration is because testing is difficult: I never know if I have already opened that file before (old settings are in effect) or if some default settings are saved in the file itself which are respected by pdf x-change editor.

Is that possible?
Thanks for help!

Best regards,
megacable

Bonus question: What's the difference between "page zoom 100%" and "actual size"?

PDF X-Change Editor 6.0, Build 322.5
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Page zoom according to orientation

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello megacable,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our forums.
You can go to Edit -> Preferences -> Page Display -> Initial display to change how new files you open will be shown for the first time.
However - the zoom level can be only one (e.g. Fit Width or 100%), but you can't specify different zooms for landscape and portrait pages.

For the bonus question - they are the same - just one is a numeric value, and the other is a word description of the same.

Regards,
Stefan
megacable
User

Post by megacable »

Well than see it as idea for future features ;-)
Nevertheless, thank you for your informative response!

Another solution could be customizable shortcuts. ctrl+0 or ctrl+1 is quite uncomfortable for me.
Also selecting the hand tool with H and the text tool with T would be convenient in my opinion.

Greets,
megacable

/edit
Nevermind, I found how to customize shortcuts. It's a bit hidden but if you know how to get there it's a really helpful dialogue box. Cool!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi megacable,

I was just about to explain how to customize the shortcuts - and noticed you've figured it.
Yes - it's not directly available - but it's not something you need to use every day as a feature either! So once you know where it is - it's not hard to get to the customization menu, and once you've set your shortcuts to your preference you should hardly need to access it anyway.

Cheers,
Stefan