Pick multible PDF's to send in one email

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Robert13
User

Pick multible PDF's to send in one email

Post by Robert13 »

What I would like to be able to do is, if I have 5 files open in PDF-XChange Editor is to be able pick 3 to email at one time, together. I know some programs will let you select multiple files by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking on each file then you can save, send or whatever at one time.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Pick multible PDF's to send in one email

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Robert,

There is no such feature at present, so once you've e.g. selected to e-mail the first file - you can then right click the tabs for the others you want to include in the same e-mail, and select to open their containing folder, and then drag and drop them from the Windows Explorer window, to the e-mail's attachments section.

Regards,
Stefan
Robert13
User

Post by Robert13 »

Any chance of adding this as a feature?

I had requested this when there were still new features being added to Viewer. :)
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hi Robert13

Can you please tell us what you see as the main advantage of doing this via PDF-XChange Editor?

Is it your goal to first verify / preview / select / ... the PDFs before sending them?

If not, the most easy way is to start from within Windows Explorer and then select multiple files (using the CTRL key + click), followed by a right mouse click and "Send to" > "Mail recipient". The main dis-advantage of this is that the PDFs must be in the same folder ...

Maybe that is the reason why you like to have that "send" functionality in the Editor?

Best regards.
Robert13
User

Post by Robert13 »

I often have many drawings open in Editor and will need to email a select few. If I could just send several from Editor to my email program it saves a step opening explorer. It doesn't sound like a big time savings, maybe more of a convenience.

I would assume that it would not be hard to implement, but then again I'm not a programmer.

Obviously it's not a big deal, since I first asked about it when Viewer was the option and Editor was not yet released.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

A work-around could be to create a new blank PDF in the Editor and then copy the desired pages (drawings) to this new PDF, that you then can send.

N.B. : The copy also works via drag-and-drop, i.e. select the pages via the thumbnail pane in the source PDF, then drag these pages upon the tab of the new-document (target PDF) and finally drop them there at the desired place, also in the thumbnail pane.

Can this be useful to you, or is this just a few clicks too much ...
Robert13
User

Post by Robert13 »

That could be an option but I'm not sure if it would be quicker or more convenient that just going to windows explorer.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Robert,

I quite like the idea actually, but I'm not a developer either so I don't know how practical it would be to implement. I'll make a note to discuss this with the devs on Monday.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
ksudavid
User

Post by ksudavid »

Add me to the list of people who would like this feature. Even if I could drag and drop the tabs one at a time into an email it would be a useful upgrade over having to open the folders in Windows. But selecting multiple tabs at once before initiating the email would be cat's meow.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi ksudavid,

Thanks for adding your voice - For now, something you may find easier is right clicking the tab in the Editor and selecting 'Copy Full Filename' which will then allow your to copy/paste into the file attachment dialog of the email window.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Robert13
User

Post by Robert13 »

Any thoughts this feature being added? Maybe I'm the only user interested in this option.

What I would like to be able to do is, if I have 5 files open in PDF-XChange Editor is to be able pick 3 to email at one time, together. I know some programs will let you select multiple files by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking on each file then you can save, send or whatever at one time.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Robert,

I am afraid that such a feature is not available.

Regards,
Stefan
Robert13
User

Post by Robert13 »

No possibility of adding?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Robert,

I will bring this up on the next meeting, but for the moment I am not aware of development in this respect!

Cheers,
Stefan
Robert13
User

Post by Robert13 »

Thanks, I'd appreciate it. :)
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Robert, Ill be talking about this at the meeting as well, but I would like to inform you, the odds of this functionality coming to the editor is very slim, there is a batch send PDF files via Email function in our PDF-Tools suite that may suit your purposes better than the editor does.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com