Is there a way to open bookmarks in new tabs?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Hunam
User

Is there a way to open bookmarks in new tabs?

Post by Hunam »

I don't want to lose the current view, but I want to look up several bookmarked pages of the same document. And possibly keep them opened for future use.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Is there a way to open bookmarks in new tabs?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Hunam,

If you use the Window -> Split feature - you can see two portions of the same file - and when you click to activate one or the other - bookmark clicks will move the view in the currently active area - so you can navigate both independently using the bookmarks tree.

Regards,
Stefan
Hunam
User

Post by Hunam »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Hello Hunam,

If you use the Window -> Split feature - you can see two portions of the same file - and when you click to activate one or the other - bookmark clicks will move the view in the currently active area - so you can navigate both independently using the bookmarks tree.

Regards,
Stefan
And you actually CAN make a new tab and even have it split by Window - New Document Window (where "new" is not a "new document", but a "new window" for the same document). Who woulda thunk...
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Hunam
User

Post by Hunam »

Also, it would be nice for XChange to remember opened pages along with zoom in the split view, not just in regular view. ;)
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Hunam,

Thank you for the post and suggestion. I see that the current behaviour can be set such that the Editor does, in fact, remember the split, however, both split views are opened based on which view was in focus when the document was closed when the preferences are set like so:

I have created a feature request to have independently retained views for split views of a document. I cannot guarantee that this can or will be implemented, however, it will be seriously considered by our development team.

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America