eraser- when it works?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jürgen somorjai
User

eraser- when it works?

Post by jürgen somorjai »

Hi, I scanned a page and wanted to remove some black (grey) stripes. But the eraser doesn't work! Why?
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: eraser- when it works?

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello,

Thank you for your post. The Eraser tool only works for drawn pencil annotations. I am afraid it is not yet possible to edit the base image of a scanned PDF directly in the Editor, but from build 322 you can now right click an image and from the context menu select to Edit it in an external image manipulation program. Once you are done with the manipulations, you save it - and the image is updated in the PDF file as well - please do give it a try!

You may use the redaction tool to remove content: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowled ... -Redaction

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
jürgen somorjai
User

Hello,
Thanks for your information about the ERASER. It only works "together" with the pencil. Well, ok.
But I didn't understand your example with a picture?? I'm sorry but I can't find the redaction tool??
I tried the way you told, -> I did the right click, but you can see the result. That's not the redaction tool, isn't it?
Where is my mistake?
It would be nice to get an advice from you.

Thank you.
PDF_Image 1.zip
(681.43 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
jürgen somorjai
User

Hello,
Once more. :)
I thought I've to try it once more. - and ... it really works!
But before I can change or complete in the picture I have to click on "Change content" or "Document" and then "censorship". After that the picture changed in my PDF-file.
It's a wonderful possibility. Thank you for this information!
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com