Boolean search in Editor?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Smiley
User

Boolean search in Editor?

Post by Smiley »

I have a large library of pdfs in multiple subfolders that I would like to be able to search for multiple words which are not necessarily in a phrase in the document. I've been using the deprecated Viewer to search for a long time, as I really appreciate the way it gives me a full page preview of the context in which the search word or phrase is being used. I have increasing need to be able to search using Boolean operators (AND or OR or NOT) so that I can find documents which include, for example, "material" and "supplementary" in the same document, though they are unlikely to be written as a phrase. I found a post from last year (https://www.pdf-xchange.com/forum3 ... ean#p97136) that suggested that boolean search might be integrated into Editor. Can anyone advise if that has been incorporated into current releases of Editor?
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Boolean search in Editor?

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hi Smiley,

Thanks for you post.

Unfortunately we do not have a boolean search for the moment. However, you can try using our proximity search to adjust the search results.
To do this, please search from the Search pane inside the Editor (Ctrl+Shift+F), click on the Options button -> Proximity and choose one of the options available. You can set the proximity to Adjacent words, words from the same Paragraph, Page or Document.

You can also search multiple documents and whole folders from the advanced search.

Regards,
Radi