replace content on 1/2 page  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

vesper
User

replace content on 1/2 page

Post by vesper »

I have a pdf file sized 5.5 x 8.5 inches, and another pdf sized 5.5 x 4.25 inches, and I want to replace the top half of the first pdf with the content of the second pdf. How do I do that, please? (XChange Editor Plus build 321.0) (I really did try to search the forum for this)
Al Vesper
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: replace content on 1/2 page  SOLVED

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Al,

Thanks for the post - The only way that I can think of to do this, currently, would be to take a screen-shot, then paste the screen-shot on top and flatten it (Right Click paste image --> Flatten). We are working on a feature to merge pages, but I'm not sure whether it would allow for specific portions of pages to be selected.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
vesper
User

Re: replace content on 1/2 page

Post by vesper »

Thanks Will. That confirms why I'm having trouble finding a way to do this. Alternately...

Is there a way to combine two 5.5 x 4.25 pdfs to create a 5.5 x 8.5 pdf? Or to paste two 5.5 x 4.25 pdfs into a 5.5 x 8.5 new pdf?
Al Vesper
vesper
User

Post by vesper »

Well, okay. I got the paste screen shot approach to work, so this is now solved. Thanks, Will.
Al Vesper
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

No worries Al!
Is there a way to combine two 5.5 x 4.25 pdfs to create a 5.5 x 8.5 pdf? Or to paste two 5.5 x 4.25 pdfs into a 5.5 x 8.5 new pdf?
There are a few potential ways:

1) Use the Document --> Resize Pages option to double the page size, then copy/paste the content on to the second page, or screen-shot and paste.
a) You can also create a new document (File --> New Document --> With Blank Pages) at the desired size, the copy/paste or
screen-shot.

2) You can print to a PDF printer (e.g. our XChange Lite & Standard printers) from the Editor and opt to install print Multiple Pages Per Sheet, with the settings outlined here:

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com