Hide note text panel when adding a new one

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Sinaptik
User

Hide note text panel when adding a new one

Post by Sinaptik »

Hi,

I'm wondering whether it's possible to automatically hide the text panel when adding a note comment ?
I'm using this to spot a modification request on a draft, when zoomed out it's really easy to view where a change request is made.
I know the command to show / hide all comments, it's useful but not displaying text panel when adding a new note could help a lot !

Thank you very much. :)
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Hide note text panel when adding a new one

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Sinaptik,

Thanks for the post - The closest that we can offer is the Close/Open All Pop-ups feature, in the Comments Pane (Ctrl + M):

But this won't automatically close the pop-ups when placing new ones. If you want these hidden at the time of placement, I'd recommend either creating a custom stamp, or downloading and using one of the stamps from one of our custom collections (e.g. Proofreaders Stamps):
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/stamp_collections

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Sinaptik
User

Post by Sinaptik »

Hi Will,

Thank you for your answer.
As I stated, I already set a shortcut key to hide all comments, so useful ! :)
I'll try stamps trick you mentioned but I'm scared I'll loose one of the great strength I can benefit using note comment tool: note icon are fixed size so when zooming in / out, the size does not change and this is really nice (when zoomed out, note are big and zooming in does not hide draft behind !).

Thank you, Will.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Sinaptik,

Not a problem :)
I'll try stamps trick you mentioned but I'm scared I'll loose one of the great strength I can benefit using note comment tool: note icon are fixed size so when zooming in / out, the size does not change and this is really nice (when zoomed out, note are big and zooming in does not hide draft behind !).
I'm afraid that this will be the case, as stamps should zoom in/out just as other content does.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com