BUG "Fit Visible" doesn't get rid of the margins as intended

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

JimmyD
User

BUG "Fit Visible" doesn't get rid of the margins as intended

Post by JimmyD »

Dear developers,

The description of the "Fit Visible" (CTRL+3) command reads
Set the zoom level so that the page content width fits the document window, without showing white page margins.
But currently it functions more like a "Fit Width" without getting rid of the margins, unlike what the description states.
For example, Foxit's version of "Fit Visible" properly gets rid of the margins, which is very useful when using a document in split view.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: BUG "Fit Visible" doesn't get rid of the margins as inte

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for the email. Our Fit visible feature is more like a "Fit visible width" feature in truth. A slight margin should be left all the way around for the sake or readability.

As you can see from the screenshot above, the margins left over are small.

If this is not what you are seeing, please do post a ascreenshot showing the issue.

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
JimmyD
User

Post by JimmyD »

Thanks for the quick reply,

I think I narrowed down my issue. Each page of my documents seems to have 2 tiny dots near the sides, along the top and bottom edge, and it seems that Foxit is filtering this out in Single Page mode.
Last edited by JimmyD on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timur Born
User

Post by Timur Born »

Patrick-Tracker Supp wrote:Hi Jimmy,

As you can see from the screenshot above, the margins left over are small.
I'd like to point out that this is not so much a margin, but a shadow drawn on top of the page content. Content still goes all the way to the border. It would be good if we were able to turn this off for those few cases where you want to see unaltered content without having to zoom out (away from the window borders).
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi guys,
I think I narrowed down my issue. Each page of my documents seems to have 2 tiny dots near the sides, along the top and bottom edge, and it seems that Foxit is filtering this out in Single Page mode.
Can you send the document you're seeing this with and a screen-shot of exactly what you're seeing?
I'd like to point out that this is not so much a margin, but a shadow drawn on top of the page content. Content still goes all the way to the border. It would be good if we were able to turn this off for those few cases where you want to see unaltered content without having to zoom out (away from the window borders).
I've just posted in the other thread that you had posted on this, so best we keep this as a separate thread for Jimmy.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
JimmyD
User

Re: BUG "Fit Visible" doesn't get rid of the margins as intended

Post by JimmyD »

Sorry for the late reply, but it's a confidential document. PDFX works as intended, it's just that Foxit is able to filter out the noise from the edges.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

No worries Jimmy!

Without a sample file to illustrate the issue, it's extremely difficult to know what to do to handle better. Do you have any other, non-proprietary samples?

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
JimmyD
User

Post by JimmyD »

I will try to find something.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thanks :) Also, as a note, if you're not comfortable uploading document(s) here, you're welcome to send them directly to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this topic for reference. We can check the document(s) there and post back our comments/findings.

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)