Distance tool - Custom text

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Sinaptik
User

Distance tool - Custom text

Post by Sinaptik »

Hello,

I tried so many things and searched on the forum without any success ! :(

Please, is it possible to change the text (caption) of the measure without using calibration or scale ?
I just want to annotate a draft and specify manually the value (and it could be a text, depending my need).
I found the property "Inline caption" but I seen on the help section of the website that this property will be used on upcoming versions.

I found, also, some topics about this request and mostly this one:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/forum3 ... tance+text

In this topic, Tracker Supp-Stefan said:
Hi David,

You can use the Editor and change the measured value to what you need it to be:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/pdf-xchange-editor
However if you later change that measurement line (e.g. move just one end of it) - it will be recalculated so you might have to then manually change the value a second time.

Regards,
Stefan
It was in 2009 but I can't find a way to achieve this, simply without changing scale.

I hope there's a simpler solution, this is a real-help-function missing, from my point of view, probably the most important one, except that, this tool is perfect.

Thank you very much !
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Distance tool - Custom text

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Sinaptik,

Indeed in the past it was possible to edit the value displayed on top of the measurement to anything you wanted - but that was actually not quite conforming to the PDF specification - so it was changed, and now this value is locked, and can only be changed when you update the scale or resize the measurement itself. I am afraid there is no other way.

As for extra text - you can also add a Label - this will appear on a second row over the numbers for the measurement itself.

Regards,
Stefan