Feature Request: Presentation Pointer

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

JosephG
User

Feature Request: Presentation Pointer

Post by JosephG »

Every week, I use the Editor to give presentations in my classroom. I would like an option in the editor where I could turn the mouse pointer into something more visible--let's say a colored pointer stick or arrow. I use other apps that change the mouse pointer, but I would like to have this tool in the Editor. Thanks for your consideration.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: Presentation Pointer

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the post - I'll pass the feature request along, but I can't guarantee implementation and it's likely to be a low priority at this time, due to the number of currently outstanding requests.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Sean - Tracker
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: Presentation Pointer

Post by Sean - Tracker »

Hi Joseph,

As Will mentioned, this is unlikely to get implemented soon as there is a high demand on the developers at the moment. However, you can use the following as a work-around in the meantime:

1. Open a document in PDF Exchange Editor and click on the dropdown menu beneath Stamp icon in the main toolbar. The Stamps pane will open.

2. At the bottom, click Stamps Palette. The Stamps Palette pane will open.

3. In the Stamps Palette pane, click Add New Stamp from File. The Add New Stamp dialog box will open.

4. Select the image that you would like to use as the pointer, and save it as a stamp.

5. Select the new stamp in the Stamps Palette.

Subsequently, when you want to use the "pointer", click on the Stamps icon in the main toolbar and the cursor will update to the image of your custom stamp. It will be a little transparent but should still be more prominent than the hand tool, which I assume you are using at the moment. PDF-XChange Editor will remember the most recently used stamp, even when you have closed and reopened the software.

Hope this helps,

Sean
Sean Godley
Technical Writer
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623