Discrepancy Between Installed Version and Updater

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

bqxmprij
User

Discrepancy Between Installed Version and Updater

Post by bqxmprij »

When 319 was released, I ran the updater. It showed both PDF-XChange PRO and PDF-XChange Editor. Thinking that PDF-XChange PRO included PDF-XChange Editor, I selected to just download and install PDF-XChange PRO. As you can see from the below, PDF-XChange Editor did update to 319 but the updater still shows 317.1 installed. I think I installed 318 by downloading (not using the updater) the PDF-XChange PRO package for that release.

Any comments?

Edit. I could not get imgur and the [img] embed to work. Image attached.

Thanks.
Attachments
2016-12-06 14_34_13-Tracker Updater.7z
(117.17 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Discrepancy Between Installed Version and Updater

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi bqxmprij,

Thanks for the post. I too use Imgur to upload images to these forums. After you upload the image to Imgur, you need to right click> View image. The link shown in your address bar should end with a file format like this:

Copy that address and place it between the Image
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
bqxmprij
User

Post by bqxmprij »

First, thanks for the quick imgur tutorial.

Second, in "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features" there is only one instance of each. Their versions numbers are below:

PDF-XChange Editor 6.0317.1
PDF-XChange Pro 6.0.319.0

I assume I can fix this by running the updater to install PDF-XChange Editor 6.0.319.0.

Thanks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello bqxmprij,

Seems like you had only the Editor installed in the past, and then you installed the whole Pro bundle package.
I'd recommend that you uninstall both, and then install only the Pro bundle from a freshly downloaded file - to make sure that your programs list is cleared up of any unnecessary duplicates.

Regards,
Stefan