Removing Bookmarks from a document

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

peter_finlay
User

Removing Bookmarks from a document

Post by peter_finlay »

Hi there;
Using PDF -XChange Editor (brilliant programme, by the way) I created a pdf document with about 500 pages. Those 500 pages were divided up into about 22 different sections, all of different length. For each of the sections I created a title page using Arial Black 48pt to describe the section following that title page. So far so good.

I then created Bookmarks based upon text that had that font i.e. Arial Black 48 pt. And I thought I should have ended up with about 22 Bookmarks.

I then used those Bookmarks to create a table of contents. Which it did. Partially. But it only used something like 15 of the 22 Bookmarks to create the TOC.

Because I spent the next ten minutes seemingly pressing every option I could to sort this out ( :lol: ), once I finally exported my Bookmarks to html to see what chaos I had created, I had something like 227 Bookmarks.

So, first of all, how do I get rid of every single Bookmark from the document so that I can start over again?
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Removing Bookmarks from a document

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hi Peter,

You can view all bookmarks in your document from the Bookmarks Pane (Ctrl+B). You can also select and delete any number of bookmarks from this pane - just select them using your mouse and hit the Delete button on your keyboard.

Regards,
Radi
peter_finlay
User

Post by peter_finlay »

Excellent.

I'll get there eventually.......
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)
Let us know if we can help along the way!

Cheers,
Stefan