Service umRDPService issue after update to 6.0.318.1

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

crx
User

Service umRDPService issue after update to 6.0.318.1

Post by crx »

Hi Trackers,

we've installed the last release 6.0.318.1 on our Windows server 2008 R2 (Citrix environment) and we realized, that after the installation of the following Microsoft patches we get problems with the umRDPService. The service get stopped after every reboot.

KB 3115120
KB 3118378
KB 3118390
KB 3127953

When we uninstall PDF XChange everythings works good.
Also when we install the release version 6.0.317.1 + all the patches, everythings is okay - no issues with the service.

Any idea?

with best regards
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Service umRDPService issue after update to 6.0.318.1

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi crx,

thanks for the report. I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. For sure we will need to investigate this.

I have a W2K8 R2 Terminal Server, but it is not Citrix. I will attempt to reproduce the issue here however it may require the Citrix component. If I cannot reproduce this issue here would you be amenable to us looking remotely on your Citrix server?

Paul
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
crx
User

Post by crx »

Hello Paul,

unfortunately we can't grant you access to our system.
But when you need defined, specific informations (like a log file), we can collect them and give it to you. Please tell me when you need some informations.

And we have more details about this issue:
We've observed, that when the umRDPService get started successfully after a reboot - yes, in some cases - and we've started then the spooler service repeatadly, the before successful started umRDPService get stopped again.

with best regards
cx2
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks crx

I am going to consult with my development team to see what may be helpful in terms of logs or other data. I should have something specific for you by tomorrow.

regards

Paul
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com