Autosave

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

glocal
User

Autosave

Post by glocal »

I just realised the hard way that there is no autosave! The application crashed and I lost a couple of hours of work. I was not very happy.

I am not sure what happened really. It suddenly exited without an error message. When I re-opened the application it remembered all the open tabs except the one I was working with. It didn't even appear in the recent files.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Autosave

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi glocal,

Thanks for the post and sorry to hear that! Autosave is something that we're working on, but I don't have an ETA at the moment.

Regarding the crash, is this something that you're reliably able to reproduce with that same document, or does it appear to be a 'one-off'? If the latter, then there's nothing that we can do except wait to see if it happens again, then attempt to establish a way to reproduce it. If the former, please send the document and advise on steps to reproduce the crash.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
glocal
User

Post by glocal »

I can't reproduce this and it is the first time this happened after years of using the program. I will keep an eye but I think autosave will be the only defence against unforeseen situations like this.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi glocal,

I agree there - crashes can happen for quite a number of reasons, a good many of which are not due to the application that crashed, but some other system variable. Typically, these kinds of one-off crashes are the latter kind and there isn't much (if anything) we can do to solve those.

I'll see if I can have the priority upped on implementing the autosave but, as always, I cannot make any guarantees.

Do let us know if the crash occurs again.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com