View embedded Multimedia support?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Paul - Tracker Supp, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

katqanna
User

View embedded Multimedia support?

Post by katqanna » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:21 pm

I purchased this software recently, partly because I needed the ability to embed online video into my pdf pages for a digital online magazine newsletter - a flip PDF.

I thought this would give me the capability of embedding a video, much like you do for social media or web design. I need to be able to embed conservation videos onto a page. While I could take a screenshot of the video and link that, I thought it would be easier to simply embed, but going through the options, help files, even searches at this forum, I am not seeing the "embedded multimedia".

Am I missing something?

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: View embedded Multimedia support?

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:29 pm

Hi,

Whilst viewing embedding video and sound is possible I am afraid that at this time embedding this is not yet possible - though should be coming during the new year.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

EddyHicks
User

Re: View embedded Multimedia support? (and create?)

Post by EddyHicks » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:35 pm

I see it's been a couple of years since the last post on this topic but I want to know if embedded video (ie rich media) has been implemented? We need this functionality and I have been trying different PDF Editors. The few that I have found that can do embedded video, other than Adobe, are lacking in some other way. The PDF-Xchange product seems to have everything else we're looking for including a very clean interface.

Please confirm. Thank you!

- Eddy

TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: View embedded Multimedia support?

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:48 pm

Hello EddyHicks,

Currently we only support viewing Flash content, but are working on support for other formats, as well as the ability to create video annotations. PDF cannot support playing all video formats, so there will be some cases where it is not going to be possible to view the content in the Editor and you will need to attach the video file to be viewed in an external viewer instead.
We do not have a set timeline for this added functionality, as we are still deciding which method to use, but hope that we can bring it soon.

Kind regards,
Daniel McIntyre
Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623