Error opening certain pdf

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

July
User

Error opening certain pdf

Post by July »

Hi,

I'm getting "Error[System]: The parameter is incorrect" in PDF-XChange Editor 6.0.318.1 when trying to open this file (file has size 36.5 MB, so I had to upload it to zippyshare, sorry). PDF-XChange Viewer 2.5.317.1 opens it without problems, though. I'll appreciate it if someone could look into this.

Thanks
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Error opening certain pdf

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello July,

Thanks for the report. I managed to reproduce this so will pass it to our devs for investigation.

Regards,
Stefan
tin-su liang
User

Post by tin-su liang »

Hi,
I just downloaded and purchased pdf-exchange editor but i couldn't use it to open any of my pdf files, even after i restart my computer. i kept seeing this message, error [system]: unspecific error. Please help! thank you!
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

Our team have analysed the file provided and found;

The file is corrupted - the first 416 pages are ok, but the remaining 173 are broken.

Currently the editor will not open documents with a broken page list.

In an upcoming release we will make some changes to preserve the number of pages and use blank pages with minimal size for those inaccessible.

Thanks for your patience.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com