Demo watermark - misunderstpood the warning

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

DWC121
User

Demo watermark - misunderstpood the warning

Post by DWC121 »

I have a licensed version of PDF-XChange Editor (V 5.5 Build 316.0) on my desktop at home.

This morning at home I downloaded the portable version to a USB so I could use PDF-XChange at work. I forgot to copy my license to the portable version however.

One of the options in PDF-XChange I used at work came with the warning about demo mode. I looked in the help files and it said:
"These watermarks CANNOT subsequently be removed without a valid license!"

Since I take things very literally, I understood it to also mean the watermark CAN be removed subsequently (later) with a valid license.

This evening at home I opened the pdf file, saved it under a different name, and opened the new file. Watermark was still there. It appears my earlier assumption was incorrect. I guess what the warning means is:
These watermarks CANNOT subsequently be removed with OR without a valid license.

My question is, can the watermark be removed subsequently with a valid license? Luckily I only had time at work to play with one pdf file. No harm done since I created the pdf from a bmp file.

David
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Demo watermark - misunderstpood the warning

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi David,

Thank you for the post. You can remove the watermark with a valid license by going to Document> Watermarks> Remove all.

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America