Better Tab dragging animation?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gate1975mlm
User

Better Tab dragging animation?

Post by gate1975mlm »

Hello,

Is there any chance you can update the look of PDF-Xchange Editor tab dragging animation to look more like how it does in web browsers?

I just found it kind of awkward looking when moving around tabs currently. I really wish it was more like how it's done browsers where it's nice and smooth and very quick.

If this can not be changed can you explain why?

Thanks
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Better Tab dragging animation?

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi gate1975mlm,

Thanks for the post - as always, I can put the request forward but cannot make any guarantees.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

I find that dragging a tab to the left is not so bad, but dragging a tab to the right is not easy to do. Dragging tabs seems to work much better in the Viewer. Perhaps some commands could be added to each tabs right click menu, or have some shortcut keys. Then again, maybe it is just me.

Thanks.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi Arnold,

Thanks for the post. I am afraid improving this is a low priority for now as does work.

The only thing we can do is wait to see if the tab behaviour is improved in the coming builds.

Thanks for your understanding!

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
gate1975mlm
User

Post by gate1975mlm »

Patrick-Tracker Supp wrote:Hi Arnold,

Thanks for the post. I am afraid improving this is a low priority for now as does work.

The only thing we can do is wait to see if the tab behaviour is improved in the coming builds.

Thanks for your understanding!

Cheers!

This is very sad to hear that it is low priority for you :(

By far my least favorite thing about PDF-XChange Editor is the way the Tabs are designed! I mean first of all it's so confusing when trying to drag a tabs to the right. And also what's with the "fading out of the PDF when dragging a tab around? You should really update it so when dragging around Tabs it looks just like Chrome or Firefox browsers tab dragging which is very smooth and simple.

No offense but this is a bad design plain and simple.

And perhaps you can make it a high priority?

And I know I am not the only one who hates the tab design I have read reviews on other web sites and have seen people also complain about the Tabs.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi gate1975mlm,

This is considered to be a low priority because, as Patrick mentioned, it does work and is also very far from headline functionality. There's a strong possibility that this may be adjusted in the future, but we do have high priority issues that had to take a back-burned while we prioritized XFA form support. These issues must now take priority.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com