lost ability to edit on a page

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Maverick8080
User

lost ability to edit on a page

Post by Maverick8080 »

I suddenly lost the ability to edit on the page I was working on
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: lost ability to edit on a page

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Maverick8080,

Thank you for the post. Could you please upload the file you are seeing this issue with. Pleas also specify which page you are seeing this issue on.

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi Maverick.
I suddenly lost the ability to edit on the page I was working on
Please details - what you mean? The "Edit Content" feature disappeared from your toolbar? Or it looks disabled(grayed) on toolbar?
Or you can activate such tool but cannot select by mouse, move or edit content items on the page?

Cheers.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
Maverick8080
User

Post by Maverick8080 »

I had a pressing deadline and deleted the page. I should have described the problem as the inability to copy and paste. A colleague suggested I "flattened" the page and that is what caused the issue. Thanks for the response.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hi Maverick8080,

By flattening a page - all comments on it will become base content and copy/paste of base content is not possible at the moment.
Please note that this is a one way operation and cannot be reversed, save a copy prior to doing this if you still wish to have your annotations editable yourself.

Our developers are working on the copy/paste of base content feature. This feature should be available in the upcoming builds.

Regards,
Radi