Object overlapping with a text box

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kongyiu9998
User

Object overlapping with a text box

Post by kongyiu9998 »

Hi,

I want to delete an object which overlaps with a text box. Whenever I highlighted the object, I also highlighted the text box so that I can't just remove the object without deleting the text box. Is there a convenient method to remove the objects?

Thank you very much for your help!! :P :P :P :P

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByWgH ... 2JLMWkwQm8
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Object overlapping with a text box

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hi kongyiu9998,

Thank you for the post.

You should be able to see all base content objects in a PDF document inside the Content Pane (View -> Other Panes -> Content). From there you can select and delete any object.
Please note that the overlapping object might be the text box of another paragraph and deleting it - will also delete the text.

If you can provide the original PDF file, we can check this out for you. In this case, please do send the file to support@pdf-xchange.com with a reference to this topic and we will assist further.

Regards,
Radi
kongyiu9998
User

Post by kongyiu9998 »

Hi Radi,

Thanks a lot for your help and it works. I have attached my pdf file at the URL given above. In the content panel, the each white object is named 'path' so I can delete it selectively. Instead of deleting the 'path' objects one by one, can I delete all 'path' objects in a more convenient way (like in one step)?

Thanks again for your kindly help. :D :D
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi kongyiu9998,

Yes, you are right. I thought it is only a screenshot (how silly of me :roll: ).

I am sorry, but it is not possible to group base content at this point. You can try selecting them all holding the Ctrl button and then remove them with a single strike (of the Delete button :) ).

Regards,
Radi
kongyiu9998
User

Post by kongyiu9998 »

It works. Thanks a lot for your help! :D :D :D
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

:)