delete all markings

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

elastic
User

delete all markings

Post by elastic »

hi.. nearly all of my documents are marked with yellow textmarker and comments.. is there a function to delete all the markings at once in a file?
claude vidal
User

Re: delete all markings

Post by claude vidal »

elastic wrote:hi.. nearly all of my documents are marked with yellow textmarker and comments.. is there a function to delete all the markings at once in a file?
Here's one approach: "View/Other Panes/Comments" or Ctl-M; once the Comments pane is open, click one of the comments, then Ctl-A, then delete. This won't work if you have some locked markings: you'll then have to unselect those locked markings before hitting the delete button.
HaPe
User

Post by HaPe »

Thanks Claude for your information - didn't know that.
claude vidal wrote:This won't work if you have some locked markings: you'll then have to unselect those locked markings before hitting the delete button.
This unlocking can also be done in one go by opening the properties pane and changing the property "Locked" from "Mixed" to "No" as I just found out.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for the assistance Claude. HaPe - is all okay now?

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
elastic
User

Post by elastic »

thanks for your advice!

how can I remove embedded comments? I cannot click on them to remove it. I dont know what is meant with the property menu.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi elastic,

Thanks for the post - you can select each individual comment, or multiple comments via the Comments Pane (View --> Panes --> Other Panes --> Comments Pane) and the Properties Pane can be opened by right clicking any of the comments and selecting Properties.

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
elastic
User

Post by elastic »

thanks, i´ve found the comments pane.
I still dont know how to select and remove embedded comments. I cant click on them and I cant open properties for them.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello elastic,

Thank you for the email. If comments have been flattened to base content, there is no way to remove them all without also removing all the content of the PDF. For these such comments, you will need to use the Edit Content Tool. You will find more details on this here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowled ... the-Editor

I hope this helps!
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America