[feature request] LaTeX markup for notes

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ArchStanton
User

[feature request] LaTeX markup for notes

Post by ArchStanton »

I still have to write down on paper some notes, sometimes, because there's maths in them that wouldn't be readable in a plain text note in the pdf. If I could be able to write notes or "stamp-like" text with proper maths (via MathJax, maybe?) directly in a pdf, I could store every bit of knowledge in my ebooks, which would be pretty great for me.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: [feature request] LaTeX markup for notes

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi ArchStanton,

Thanks for the post - can you please send screen-shots that demonstrate what you're looking for here? I'm afraid that I'm not sure that I understand what you mean.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

MathJax looks interesting, but I don't see how plain text notes are going to know how to render math formulae from markup.

You could export the formula as a graphic or take a screen shot and paste that into the PDF. I think that would be a practical solution.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Formula written in Word using Word's built-in Math Editor paste perfectly as comments in PDF-XChange Editor:

This should be possible with every Math editor that supports RTF or WMF export via clipboard.

Cheers
David.P
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks for the suggestion David!

This does work indeed - and the object is placed as vector stamp (so scalable without loss of quality).

Regards,
Stefan