Insert page causes Crash

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ptrobrn
User

Insert page causes Crash

Post by ptrobrn »

My coworkers and I have been having some issues with PDF-Xchange Editor and it crashing for no explained reason. We have had our IT people look at our systems and they have not been able to come up with a fix or a reason why this has occurred. We have even reinstalled the software and not fix the issue.

I have to combine PDF files together to form a billing package. I can accomplish this task by saving the separate files and then having PDF-xchange combine them into one PDF but this is a hassle since I first generate each part of the package which opens to the pdf and then I have to save it as a separate file.

I used to be able to have the PDF-Xchange show the different files in different tabs as they are produced and then simply right click in the thumbnails view to bring up the insert pages. The insert pages would give me the option to insert pages from other open documents but now it just simply closes the program. On occasion I get a unresponsive notice but more often than not it just shuts down.

Any idea what the fix is for this?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Insert page causes Crash

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello ptrobrn

Welcome to our forums. This was an issue in build 316.1. Please update to the current latest (317.1) and this issue should disappear.

Regards,
Stefan
JMeurer
User

Post by JMeurer »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:This was an issue in build 316.1. Please update to the current latest (317.1) and this issue should disappear.
I'm the IT Support for my company and we're running into this suddenly as well. We're currently on version 5.5.316.1. Version 5.5.317.1 is not available for download from your Downloads page unless I'm missing something. The error message from the Event Viewer is below. Please advise and thank you:

Faulting application name: PDFXEdit.exe, version: 5.5.316.0, time stamp: 0x569408cc
Faulting module name: PDFXEditCore.x64.dll, version: 5.5.316.0, time stamp: 0x56940896
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000005caebe
Faulting process id: 0x18d4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1aac2dbc834c9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Editor\PDFXEdit.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Editor\PDFXEditCore.x64.dll
Report Id: 25979e4f-16b6-11e6-8147-f8bc12a9af26
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello JMeurer,

Thank you for the post and welcome to our forums. All our versions and installers are available here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowled ... installers

However, rather than installing yet another older build, you can and should use the most recent version and build available here:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads

If you need help with licensing a newer version and build, please DO NOT post it to this forum. For licensing queries, please email sales@pdf-xchange.com

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
JMeurer
User

Post by JMeurer »

Patrick-Tracker Supp wrote:However, rather than installing yet another older build, you can and should use the most recent version and build available here:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads
So, to be clear, in order to resolve this issue, I have to upgrade to Version 6.0.317.1? Version 5.5.317.1 does not exist, correct?
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

no there is no equivalent V5 build I am afraid ...
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com