How to create a new textbox resp. copy an existing textbox?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

mattad
User

How to create a new textbox resp. copy an existing textbox?

Post by mattad »

Assume I have loaded an existing pdf file into PDFXchange editor.

Now I want to duplicate a certain text box.
Therefore I
- click on "Edit Content" icon toolbar
- click on a certain text inside the text body (--> a blue frame appears around the referenced text)
- Now I right click somewhere inside the blue frame rectangle ---> a context menu appears
- Unfortunately the context menu entry "Copy" is disabled greyed out.

Why?

How else can I copy the textbox (and insert the duplicate at another place on the same page)?

Is there a way to insert a textbox WITHOUT a copy just be adding a new?

Matt
claude vidal
User

Re: How to create a new textbox resp. copy an existing textb

Post by claude vidal »

Once you click inside the 'blue frame rectangle', you fall into 'text box mode'. You can then select any or all of the text and then are able to copy and paste elsewhere.

Not as easy as simply copying the 'blue frame rectangle', but it gets you there. Unfortunately, you have to repeat this for every 'blue frame rectangle' you want to copy.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Matt, I am just a little bit surprised about the question on "how to create a new text box without copying an existing one".

You just have to click the "Add Text" icon, at the right of the "Edit Content" icon (in the Content Editing Toolbar) and then clicking somewhere on the page where you like to place it.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello All,

The easiest way for me to duplicate an existing box is to hold down the Ctrl key, then click the existing box just once - and then drag it to the new location. This will work for annotations. For base content - copying is not yet implemented, so you will need to copy the text inside, and then paste it in a new object that you can move around.

Regards,
Stefan
mattad
User

Post by mattad »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: For base content - copying is not yet implemented, so you will need to copy the text inside, and then paste it in a new object that you can move around.
When will "base content duplication" be implemented?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello mattad,

This is still being worked on. I will ask for further details on the meeting I will have with our devs later today.

Regards,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi all,

Just got a confirmation that copying and pasting of base content works in a pre-release of what will be build 318 - so it will be added in the official build 318 as well. Please note that we are working on XFA support for build 318 - so the release is still some time away.

Regards,
Stefan
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Hi forum & support team,
Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Just got a confirmation that copying and pasting of base content works in a pre-release of what will be build 318 - so it will be added in the official build 318 as well. Please note that we are working on XFA support for build 318 - so the release is still some time away.
This is great news and in fact, it also works perfectly in the latest build.

I especially like the fact that when you paste via keyboard (Ctrl-V), the content is pasted exactly in place, and when you paste using the mouse (right click and context menu), the content is pasted at the mouse position.

Keep up the great work,
Cheers
David.P
:)
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi David,

Thank you for the kind words and confirmation!

Have a great day :D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America