Upgrade issue, now can't uninstall

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

vern.zimm
User

Upgrade issue, now can't uninstall

Post by vern.zimm »

Greetings,

I was at version 6.0.317 and Tracker Updater popped up with a message about upgrading to 6.0.317.1. This update downloaded and got most of the way through installing, then said it could not complete and backed out. I have tried several things now, including uninstalls, and manually deleting the folders from everywhere I could find them, but the old version still shows as installed, and I can't uninstall it or delete it with CCleaner. My other computer updated with no issues. Is there a scrubber available for this?

Error says "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support..."

Downloaded 5.5.316.1... that installs and runs no problem.
Downloaded 6.0.317.0... says fatal error... log file is attached.

**updated with .zip file attached rather than in-line as code**
Attachments
installer log.zip
(3.25 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Last edited by vern.zimm on Fri May 06, 2016 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade issue, now can't uninstall

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

I believe there should be another log file from MSI installer itself. If you have it, please upload it here.
Or you can download MSI installer directly from our site and launch it with /lvx*! install.log command line option to get the log in install.log file.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
vern.zimm
User

Post by vern.zimm »

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your help... the install log from the 6.0.317.1 64-bit .msi installer is attached.

Also, I noticed your signature with the info about uploading .zip, .rar etc... can you put that in the error message for failed upload? I tried .log, .txt, .rtf, then gave up and posted in-line as code :)

Thank You,
Vernon.
Attachments
install.zip
(60.02 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Thanks for the log.

Here is attached .mst file that should fix that issue.

You will need to unzip it to the same folder where MSI file is and add TRANSFORMS=fix_lite_uninstall.mst command line option when you run this MSI file.
Also, I noticed your signature with the info about uploading .zip, .rar etc... can you put that in the error message for failed upload? I tried .log, .txt, .rtf, then gave up and posted in-line as code :)
Will pass this requirement to our site admin. Thanks.
Attachments
fix_lite_uninstall.zip
(981 Bytes) Downloaded 88 times
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
vern.zimm
User

Post by vern.zimm »

Well the installer fix did not work, but I finally nailed it down. I noticed the step it was getting stuck on was "uninstalling printer drivers" for the PDF printer. I'm not sure what got botched up with that, but I downloaded the PDF Lite 64-bit installer, installed successfully, uninstalled, and ran 6.0.317.1 Editor installer and it installed successfully.

I noticed there are two versions... I used the "free" version for PDF Lite. I also might have caused it originally because I think I removed the printer and drivers via the "Print Server Properties" because I did not see a way to uninstall it from "Programs and Features".

To verify I have uninstalled everything, and reinstalled... seems to be good now :)
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Pleased you have it resolved - though strictly speaking the 'free' version of Lite is not for commercial use - but as you are licensed anyway - no harm done ...
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
vern.zimm
User

Post by vern.zimm »

Well I'm not actually licensed, I'm using free version of Editor, so that makes more sense :lol:
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

;)