Tab previews and asterisk

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

glocal
User

Tab previews and asterisk

Post by glocal »

The asterisk (meaning modified but unsaved) should also appear on the drop-down list of open tabs.

It would be good to have tab previews when hovering over the tab (ideally with content mouse-scrollable like with TabMixPlus for FF) and on the drop-down list of tabs.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Tab previews and asterisk

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi glocal,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll pass it along for consideration.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
glocal
User

Post by glocal »

I forgot one more :) Clicking on the drop-down list button while the menu is visible should close the menu, not close and re-open it. That's the convention. It may be a tiny (and common) issue, but it's annoying when you actually want to close the menu.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi glocal,

I agree there - will pass it along.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
glocal
User

Post by glocal »

None of these issues were taken on board, but can I say that the asterisk point in particular is very important. I often work with many tabs and finding every time which ones should be saved so that eg the updated version is uploaded to Dropbox before I shut down is a pain. With, say, 10+ tabs and long titles it takes a lot of left/right scrolling to check for asterisks, and you actually miss an unsaved tab easily. Incidentally, colours, italics, bold etc can be used to show different properties of tabs.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi glocal
can I say that the asterisk point in particular is very important.
Yes, I am inclined to agree with you on this point. I will follow up with the dev team on these points in our next general meeting.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers!
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America