Measurement tool - appearance setting

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

adng
User

Measurement tool - appearance setting

Post by adng »

Measurement size of arrow and text are too big for my document.
How to change?

I want to change color as well.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Measurement tool - appearance setting

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello adng,

Thank you for the post.

You can change all properties of an object from the Properties toolbar. This toolbar is located just under your regular toolbars (see the attached screenshot).
You can change the size of the arrow from the Border width option and the colour from the Stroke colour.

If you do not see the properties toolbar in your Editor - you can turn it on/off using the keyboard combination Ctrl+E

Regards,
Radi
Attachments
Arrow tools.zip
(83.1 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
adng
User

Post by adng »

Radi - Tracker Supp wrote:Hello adng,

Thank you for the post.

You can change all properties of an object from the Properties toolbar. This toolbar is located just under your regular toolbars (see the attached screenshot).
You can change the size of the arrow from the Border width option and the colour from the Stroke colour.

If you do not see the properties toolbar in your Editor - you can turn it on/off using the keyboard combination Ctrl+E

Regards,
Radi
It changes only the arrow size.
(Sometime the arrow is still too big even I chose the least. Typing in other number had no effect.)

The text height does not change.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hi all,

This post should rather be in the PDF-XChange Editor topics (not in PDF-Tools 4).

The PDF-XChange Editor "Properties"-toolbar does not show "all" available options.
You will have to use the Properties-pane (via View > Other panes > Properties Pane).

In there, at "Line Endings", you will see the "Start scale" and "End scale" options.
By default, they are both on "Auto", but you can choose here from 1% to 100%.
From 1% to 20% you will practically not see the arrow-point(er) at all, but at larger values you shall certainly find the 'look' that you like.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello guys,

Willy, thank you for the helpful tips, you are correct about everything.
I've moved the topics in the PDF-XChange Editor section.

adng, the scale options might not be available in build 307.2. In this case, I'm afraid that the only option you have is to update your Editor.
You should be able to upgrade your license to version 5.5 from the main page of your www.tracker-software.com account.

Regards,
Radi
adng
User

Post by adng »

Willy Van Nuffel wrote:Hi all,

This post should rather be in the PDF-XChange Editor topics (not in PDF-Tools 4).

The PDF-XChange Editor "Properties"-toolbar does not show "all" available options.
You will have to use the Properties-pane (via View > Other panes > Properties Pane).

In there, at "Line Endings", you will see the "Start scale" and "End scale" options.
By default, they are both on "Auto", but you can choose here from 1% to 100%.
From 1% to 20% you will practically not see the arrow-point(er) at all, but at larger values you shall certainly find the 'look' that you like.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.
Radi - Tracker Supp wrote:Hello guys,

Willy, thank you for the helpful tips, you are correct about everything.
I've moved the topics in the PDF-XChange Editor section.

adng, the scale options might not be available in build 307.2. In this case, I'm afraid that the only option you have is to update your Editor.
You should be able to upgrade your license to version 5.5 from the main page of your https://www.pdf-xchange.com account.

Regards,
Radi
Thanks. I have updated to version 5 and now I can change arrow size, dimension lines. However I could not change text size, text font, text color.
Being a enduser at the customer size, we recommend that Tracker should provide the update free-of-charge to all official customers.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Request for additional information from adng:

I am little bit ashamed to ask, but myself I do not fully understand the question about the text (size, font, color) ...

For as far as I know, you can not add text to an arrow object, except for a Pop-Up Note.
And, if you add such a Pop-Up Note, you can change it's own Text Properties via the Properties Pane.

If it goes about a 'Callout' comments object, then you can change it's properties in the same way.

So, can you please explain a little more about 'what text' you exactly mean?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: Concerning updates free-of-charge, I suppose that this is due to the way that Tracker Software is releasing their updates.
These updates are always in form of a full installation. It is not in the way like (for example) Microsoft is working.
This last one is working with updates to particular files and even sometimes with 'fixes' or 'patches'.
So, we must understand that Tracker Software cannot "for ever" give us their full-package-update for free.

To please their clients, I am afraid that Tracker Software should sooner or later use the same method as Microsoft?
This means releasing small updates for older versions until a particular end date (= the end-of-life time of that version).
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi guys,

Thanks for the help Willy - I'm not too sure that I understand the question either. Willy is right: text size, font, colour, etc. is not relevant to the Line Tool/Arrow tool, because there is not text to change. As Willy said, changing the text for any notes associated with the tool, will need to be done by highlighting the text in the note and the options in the Properties Pane will then change, to allow you to edit the text properties.

Regarding free updates/upgrades - all updates and upgrades are provided free of charge for the first year, as all users with a valid license receive 1 years free maintenance. After that, a maintenance renewal is required. This cannot be provided free, as it costs us no small amount of money to maintain and improve the software. To continue doing that, we have to be able to cover the costs of development and pay the support staff.

Thanks for your understanding.
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Thanks Will for your additional information.

Maybe adng is talking about the text accompanying the "Distance" tool (tool available via the Measurement toolbar).
In that case the 'look' of the measurement value on the distance arrow can be changed by changing the properties of the concerning text in the related Pop-Up Note. One can open the pop-up note, by double-clicking the text on the arrow, or by right clicking onto the distance object, and clicking "Open Pop-Up Note".

Best regards.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thanks Willy - quite possibly, though he did specifically mention the arrow tool. If that's the case, then you're correct: the text for all measurement tools can be changed by editing the text attached to the note (double left click annotation to bring up the note):
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
adng
User

Post by adng »

Will - Tracker Supp wrote:Thanks Willy - quite possibly, though he did specifically mention the arrow tool. If that's the case, then you're correct: the text for all measurement tools can be changed by editing the text attached to the note (double left click annotation to bring up the note):
Thanks a lot.
Should it be shown on user's manual?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi adng,

Not a problem! It should be, but we're in the process of re-writing much of the manuals, so I'll make sure that it is included in there.

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
klj
User

Post by klj »

Hi Will,
is it possible to set the newly assigned color of the dimension text as default?
"Right-Click -> Make Current Properties Default" is not working for me.

Best
Simon
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Simon,

I've just tested here and it works fine for me, so please make sure that you're using Build 322.7:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/downloads

Thanks,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Puffolino
User

Post by Puffolino »

I think this has been answered alread but I couldn't find it in the forum...
How to change the default font type and size for the dimension tool? Oh, found it - after editing the settings (see above that you need to double click on it), a "Make Default" icon appears in the tool bar :lol: (I've searched in the "Comment Styles Palette" tool, but you don't find it here)

BTW there is a bug: when resizing a dimension arrow, the given format (82cm) will be changed to something else (81,89cm).
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello puffolino,

Glad to hear you found the "make default" function there, I hope it helps!

As for your "changed formatting", the Dimension arrow being resized is likely the cause of that issue, when there are no additional decimal places to show we cut them off, thus "82.00" would be displayed as just "82" as you adjust it however, the decimal places are then used because you have changed the size of it to be slightly smaller, resulting in "81.89"

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Puffolino
User

Post by Puffolino »

Hi Daniel,
did some testing now (with property panel displayed)...

While creating the dimension line, the precision is set to 1 (as defined and wanted), but as soon I release the mouse button, the precision value changes to 0,01. Seems that this option is not saved with each object.
I also tried to create different arrow types in the comment style palette using different scales (as I need sometimes 1:50 and then 1:25) which usn't possible as well.

Did I already say that the comment style palette could get a refresh as well? :wink:
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Puffolino,

Apologies, Now that I have played around with changing the setting I see what you mean, Precision 1 cannot currently be selected manually, it is only available while creating a new measurement and once changed cannot be reverted back.

I have brought this to the attention of our Dev team. Hopefully we can resolve this for the next build.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com