PDF-XChange Editor as Printer

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

chriskat
User

PDF-XChange Editor as Printer

Post by chriskat »

Recently I installed a new version of PDF-XChange Editor version 5.5 build 316.1; when I print from Word, for example, PDF-Xchange is not listed as a printer. Previously I had an older version and it did show as a printer. Did I possibly buy the wrong software when I bought the new version.

If not can someone tell me how to install the software as an available printer. If so can I upgrade? I bought a three license version and don't want to install the other two until I have what I need.

Thanks,
Jeff
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF-XChange Editor as Printer

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the post - the Editor itself is not a printer, but an Editor license does also include PDF-XChange Lite, which is the printer that it sounds like you would need. This can be downloaded here:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFX5SA_LE.zip

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
chriskat
User

Post by chriskat »

Thanks very much. I got that installed, when I restart everything will likely be okay.

Thanks again.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

No worries, glad to help :)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
chriskat
User

Post by chriskat »

So now it works but I get the stamps on the four corners. I'm assuming there is somewhere I need to enter a license key but I can't find where. Any help appreciated.

Jeff
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Jeff,

Possibly, but licensing issues aren't something that we can help with over the forums. Please email support@pdf-xchange.com directly and be sure to include your license key.

Thanks,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
chriskat
User

Post by chriskat »

I've emailed support but no answer as yet. Maybe if I ask the question differently.

The Product Comparison Chart indicates that I can "Output Documents from any Windows application & create new PDF file" using the product that I purchased (see details above). How is that done?

Thanks,
Jeff
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

From whatever application where you have a possibility to File > Print, you can print your document to the (virtual) PDF-XChange 2012 Printer (Lite). Instead of printing your document onto paper, it will generate a new PDF.

To avoid the "stamps" in the resulting PDF, you have to introduce the Serial Key to register/activate the product:

Via Start > Control Panel > Devices and Printers, you can find the PDF-XChange Printer 2012.
Do a right mouse click onto its icon and then click "Printing Preferences".
In the Printing Preferences dialog box, you will find a "Settings" and an "About" tab.
Click the About tab.
Click the "Registration ..." button.
Here you will have to introduce the same serial key as the one that you have used to activate PDF-XChange Editor.
Once that you have correctly introduced the necessary information, the stamps should no longer appear on new PDFs.

I hope this helps.
chriskat
User

Post by chriskat »

Thanks, tried that but I get an error that the key is not suitable for this product. I may just have to pay for the PDF-XChange Lite as well as the Editor.

Jeff
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Jeff,

Please do not purchase a Lite license if you already own an Editor one. Please do send your serial key to support@tracker-sfotware.com so that we can look up your account and tell you why you are not able to license PDF-XChange Lite.

Please do not post your serial key to the forums.

Thank you!
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Peter2
User

Post by Peter2 »

Patrick-Tracker Supp wrote:...to support@tracker-sfotware.com so ...
support@tracker-sfotware.com (Typo) -->> support@pdf-xchange.com
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi chriskat,

I believe that I answered your email shortly after it came in. Please check your spam folder and, if you don't receive it, please try emailing sales@pdf-xchange.com.

Peter2 - thanks for catching that :)
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)