Launch options lost in browser plug-in

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

angel herraez
User

Launch options lost in browser plug-in

Post by angel herraez »

I use Editor in two computers. At the bottom-right of the window, there is a pull-up menu (called "launch") that lets opening the current document in another viewer: when using Editor, it allows me to open in Acrobat Viewer; when using Editor inside the browser, it allows me to open the pdf document either in Acrobat or in the Editor application (outside the browser). That is very handy.
In one of my computers the option to transfer the document in Editor (inside the browser) to Editor application (outside the browser) has got lost (I gues this happened after some update time ago). Although the list available in the Launch pull-up menu can be customised, I have been unable to restore the lost choice; I only see Acrobat there. That's quite annoying for me.
Firefox is my usual browser.

Any help on how to fix this will be appreciated. Thanks!
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Launch options lost in browser plug-in

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Angel,

Thanks for the post - I see the same thing here and have been requested that it be added back, though please note that I cannot guarantee this, as it may have been done on purpose for one reason or another. If that's the case, I'll advise on the reason when I know more.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
angel herraez
User

Post by angel herraez »

Thanks for the quick reply, Will
I understand from it that this would be a feature intentionally removed.
However, it cannot be so, since in my #2 computer it still works. And I'm quite sure I have the same version of Editor in both.

The one working has Win7, latest Firefox (44.0 now), Editor 5.5 build 316.1 (Jan 2016)
The one not working has Win10 and the same versions (it may have stopped working when I had Win8, not sure when it started)
I am running the Pro version in both.

So I think it has to be a configuration issue rather than a removed/unsupported feature.
In fact, in the ne not working I can still access the setup for customizing the Launch applications list, and Editor is there, only it does not pop up after I finish setup.

Thanks
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Angel,

Can you try enabling the Launch Toolbar from the right click context menu?

I suspect that our toolbars may have somehow been disabled (not currently sitting at that same PC to check). This would be strange, though, as I've not personally disabled that...

Thanks, let me know!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com