Vector art always rendered as hairline

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Olethros
User

Vector art always rendered as hairline

Post by Olethros »

I have come across this problem in both the viewer and the editor. All vector art is rendered as hairline/1pt regardless of zoom level or line thickness. See attached pdf with screenshots. The "smooth line art" or "enhance thin lines" or indeed any other settings I have found this far have any effect apart from slightly smoothing out the 1pn outline.

On the print preview the vector art - when printed as such - is displayed correctly, but if I select "print as images" the problem persists.

Editor version is 5.5, build 315.0. But as I've mentioned, this very problem has existed since the Viewer.
Last edited by Olethros on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Vector art always rendered as hairline

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello Olethros,

Thank you for the post.

Please try to use the button combination Ctrl+5 to toggle the lines' width display between 1pt and the original size.

Regards,
Radi
Olethros
User

Post by Olethros »

That sorted it out. Thanks. Don't know why the "Thin lines" option wasn't anywhere on the "View" menu before, but that has been corrected now.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I only just came across this after searching for previous reports. I thought I had found a bug in the PDF output of PagePlus, but it turned out to be this Ctrl 5 shortcut, which is not anywhere on the View menu even after resetting the toolbar.

I even used the Customize option to add the command to the View menu, Show submenu, and it disappeared again when I Reset the Menu toolbar.

I am using PDF-XChange Editor 6, build 319
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Bhikkhu,

Thanks for the post - This is an unlisted shortcut and is fairly standard for most PDF readers on the market. It's mostly used by engineers and architects, when the need to see where lines intersect more precisely.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Will - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi Bhikkhu,

Thanks for the post - This is an unlisted shortcut and is fairly standard for most PDF readers on the market. It's mostly used by engineers and architects, when the need to see where lines intersect more precisely.

Cheers,
The question is why is it not anywhere on the menus? Is it just my setup, or is it also the case that resetting the menu toolbar will remove it from the menus if anyone has added it?

Why is the shortcut not listed in Help?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Bhikkhu,

Indeed this command is not included in any meny bu default, and if you add it and then reset the toolbars - it will be removed again. Why is it hidden - I can not answer at this moment, but I will bring it up for discussion on the next meeting so that it can be included bu default in the menus (e.g. in View -> Show)

Will also pass it along to the people updating the help pages for inclusion.

Regards,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi All,

A quick update - I've just brought this up on our last meeting - and we will see to add the "Thin Lines" command to one of the sub menus in the default Editor layout. This will make sure that this command is accessible not only by it's shortcut but also through the menus.

Regards,
Stefan
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Thanks for the update. I think this would trip up a few users otherwise. Ctrl + 5 does nothing in Adobe Reader.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

:D
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America