Editing sentence/word

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kpb
User

Editing sentence/word

Post by kpb »

How do I edit a word a sentence? I am using Windows 10 (on an Adobe Reader PDF).

Thanks in advance,
Karmen
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Editing sentence/word

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Karmen,

We can't assist you with performing that task in Adobe, but if you are also using the Editor - you can read here how it is done:
How do I Edit a PDF With the Editor?

Regards,
Stefan
kpb
User

Post by kpb »

Thanks so much! I just want to reiterate to be sure I understand (& to clarify my post). First, I am not trying to edit in Adobe, but in fact have an Adobe document which I am trying to edit using the PDF Exchange Editor. So given that, I am assuming (from your post that) I can edit my PDF document using Tracker software.
Yes?

Thanks soooo much for your help!
Karmen
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Karmen,

Thanks for the post and clarification - there isn't any real difference between a PDF created by Adobe and a PDF created by someone else: as long as they adhere to the ISO specification (as we do and as, for the most part, Adobe does), then there should be no issues at all.

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
kpb
User

Post by kpb »

OK, I got the change to happen but it looks like there's an emblem on it. What's that about?

Thanks,
Karmen
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hi Karmen,

Thank you for the post.

Editing of existing text in a PDF file is a free function, but moving parts of the base content is not and if you did move the text (even unintentionally when trying to edit it) without a license - the Editor will place 'Buy now' stamps on top of every page of your document.

I am afraid that once these stamp become a part of your document - you will not be able to remove them without adding a license to your Editor.

Regards,
Radi