Tab order not working

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

DWC121
User

Tab order not working

Post by DWC121 »

I created a fill-able pdf using OpenOffice. I also set the Tab order.

After opening the pdf in PDF-XChange I noticed the tab order did not work as expected. After several hours of readjusting the fields and double checking the tab order, tabbing still did not work correctly.

I later added a colored background to the form (using OpenOffice) to see exactly where the fields were. I eventually decided to open the pdf in Foxit Reader, Nitro, and Adobe Reader DC. I was surprised the tab order worked correctly in all of them :shock:

I then noticed in PDF-XChange, the tab order appeared to work based on the x-y axis of where the field is, rather than the tab order built into the pdf ! Is there a setting in PDF-XChange to set the tab order based on the tab order in the pdf?

I have attached the pdf. Near the bottom of the pdf is a table. The 2 right most fields in the bottom row are skewed a bit (on purpose) so you can see what I mean about the x-y axis and the order. The tab order built into the pdf is across the row, but PDF-XChange tabs based on the x-y axis of the field.

Thanks - David
Attachments
TestA.pdf
(62.42 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
Giraffe
User

Re: Tab order not working

Post by Giraffe »

Just tried it. Seems to be OK, goes from top box downwards, starts in the table and goes across then back to row 2 and across again as it should.
The only time it does as you say is on the the last row of the table where it misses the lowered field, goes to the last field of Remarks and then back to the lowered one.
This seems to support the co-ordinate order that you've found - it really should go in the order of fields as you've designated them.
DWC121
User

Post by DWC121 »

For the bottom row, the tab order I designated within the pdf is across the row without respect to the field being placed higher or lower than the other fields. If you open the file in another viewer you'll see what I mean. (Try it by using "Document>>Launch: Acrobat Reader DC" if that option is available).
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

The issue is fixed in build 316. This build should be available January, 11.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.