Problem with HP Scanjet G3110

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

BarryH
User

Problem with HP Scanjet G3110

Post by BarryH »

Hi

I'm unable to scan directly into either PDF-Xchange Editor 5.5 (315.0) or PDF Tools 4.0 with my HP Scanjet G3110.

I've tried both methods of scanning with Editor with and without the 'Native UI', I always end up at the progress bar and then it grinds to a halt and the only way out is to reboot the computer, closing the program with task manager is of no help, I still end up having to reboot the PC.

The HP provided software tools work without a problem.

Is there anything I could try?

My PC is a 64bit machine running Windows 7 Pro with all updates.
Best regards
Barry
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Problem with HP Scanjet G3110

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Barry,

Are your scanner's drivers also 64 bit or are they 32 bit only?
Can you please try to import an image to MS Paint from your scanner and let us know if this works OK?

Regards,
Stefan
BarryH
User

Post by BarryH »

Hello Stefan

The drivers are the ones provided by HP and as far as I can recall form part of the HP software installation package, but I'll visit the HP website and see if there's been any updates.
Best regards
Barry
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi BarryH,

Do let us know how this goes!
Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
BarryH
User

Post by BarryH »

Hi

OK, I'm up and running.

I deleted the original HP installation and then downloaded and installed the 'basic' driver set which excludes all the fancy HP software bundle.

I wasn't able to determine whether the driver was 32 or 64 bit and as far as I can see it's only a WIA driver.

In any event I can now scan to all programs that support this albeit with the limited functionality of the WIA driver. :(

When I have a little more time I'll try installing the full software package which includes their own programs as well as the driver.

I have to say that I'm not that impressed with this HP scanner, for one thing it seems to take forever to 'warm up', I'd be interested to see what scanners other users like?
Best regards
Barry
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Barry,

Glad to hear it's working now!
And yes - if you only see the WIA drivers in our Editor (which will be installed as 64 bit on a 64 bit windows) - then the drivers are 32 bit only.
I hope reinstalling the whole drivers package will help!

And there's nothing we can do to help with the warm up time of the scanner :)

Cheers,
Stefan