Outlook pdf attachment issues

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

lknowlton
User

Outlook pdf attachment issues

Post by lknowlton »

Hi,
A couple of my users are having issues between the PXE and Outlook 2010 x86 on Win 7 x64. Some are not able to preview pdf attachments, where others get a message stating that the PXE can't find the pdf attachment to open. Any assistance would be great! Most are on version 5.5 build 314.
Thank you!

Larry
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Outlook pdf attachment issues

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Larry,

Can you please try upgrading a few of the users that have reported problems to build 315 (the current one) and let us know if this resolves the issue for them?

Regards,
Stefan
lknowlton
User

Post by lknowlton »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Hi Larry,

Can you please try upgrading a few of the users that have reported problems to build 315 (the current one) and let us know if this resolves the issue for them?

Regards,
Stefan
Sure can, though I believe one of them is already at 315, what then?

Thank you!

Larry
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the post - I'm not sure that Stefan is/was aware, but there is a known issue and it seems to only happen on 64-bit installations of Windows, running 32-bit MS Office. We're investigating with another user and are awaiting a remote session with them, hopefully this week.

If we're not able to perform the remote session, is this something that you would be interested in allowing us to remote in and look at?

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
lknowlton
User

Post by lknowlton »

Will - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi Larry,

Thanks for the post - I'm not sure that Stefan is/was aware, but there is a known issue and it seems to only happen on 64-bit installations of Windows, running 32-bit MS Office. We're investigating with another user and are awaiting a remote session with them, hopefully this week.

If we're not able to perform the remote session, is this something that you would be interested in allowing us to remote in and look at?

Cheers,
If I can coordinate with the user (our 2nd in command) to do so, yes! She is the one not able to open from Outlook.
Thank you!

Larry
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Larry,

If you are able to - please let us know and we will see to arrange for a mutually convenient time for such a remote session so that we can investigate.

Regards,
Stefan
lknowlton
User

Post by lknowlton »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Hi Larry,

If you are able to - please let us know and we will see to arrange for a mutually convenient time for such a remote session so that we can investigate.

Regards,
Stefan
I updated her to 315 yesterday, had her try the file again and it opened right up, so either the shutdown/restart 'resolved' the issue or the update did.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Larry,

It could have been either. If the issue is the same as the one that I mentioned, then the problem seems to be that the 32-bit DLL for the Shell Extensions is not being registered on installation, so the update could have correctly registered them, or the restart could have been necessary to complete the registration.

Either way, I'm glad that the issue is resolved! If it crops up again, let us know.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com