Cannot Open Hyperlinks with Hand Tool

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Paul - Tracker Supp, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

blocka construction inc
User

Cannot Open Hyperlinks with Hand Tool

Post by blocka construction inc » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:32 pm

One of my employees is having an issue where PDF Xchange Editor will not open hyperlinks via the hand tool (she can still open links if she uses the text select tool). I had her email me the pdf she's having issues with and I can open the same links just fine with my hand tool. We are both using the latest version.

She can still sometimes right click to get the dialog with "Open URL in Browser" and "Copy URL" or whatever the other option is, but it's spotty at best.

I've tried rebooting and I tried completely uninstalling Xchange Editor (and deleting the App Data folder) and then reinstalled.... but the issue remains. I don't even know what else to try.

Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Cannot Open Hyperlinks with Hand Tool

Post by Will - Tracker Supp » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:36 pm

Hi blocka construction inc,

Thanks for the post - I'm not having any issue with this here, nor have we had any similar issues reported (to the best of my knowledge). Could you please send a screen-shot of the Help --> About Dialogue?

Also, are you able to reproduce this yourself, on her PC?

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com

blocka construction inc
User

Post by blocka construction inc » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:47 pm

It turns out her problem was because she had "Exclusive Mode" toggled. Apparently having that toggled disables hyperlinks with the hand tool.

What is the purpose of Exclusive Mode? Does it have to be turned on by the user or is it possible she received a PDF that was set to "Exclusive Mode" when she opened it?

Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:47 pm

Hi blocka construction inc,

Thanks for the post - Exclusive Mode disables the direct selection of annotations, unless Shift is held. This allows for annotations to be placed on top of one another and you should be able to set this on a per-tool basis. For example, you may find this helpful with the Line Tool, but not the Hand Tool.

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com