Scan not quite 100% size

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

thomas e komsta
User

Scan not quite 100% size

Post by thomas e komsta »

I have this hard copy form with vertically spaced table rows. They are made to match index tabs in a book. Plan was to scan in the master, Typewriter in the verbiage and print out. Once I do this the filled in form no longer aligns to the book tabs. Not much but slightly undersized. it's probably always been like this and I just never noticed.

I found that if I print the finished form form at 103%, everything aligns.

I also found that if I take the master form, put it on the flatbed of the scanner/printer and just hit copy on the printer
display, the copy is exactly 100% of the original.

Is there some setting for PDF Edit I can check that might cause a reduced size?

Scan Procedure:

File > New Document > From Scanner > Custom Scan
Scan Properties box displays
Show Native UI Checked
Select Scan
"What Do You Want to Scan" box displays
Make any desired adjustments (nothing about size% here. Just change paper size to 8.5x11
when paper source is the document feeder).

Print Procedure:

Pages Placement and Scaling
Type: None
All boxes unchecked except Ignore Printer Margins which is checked by default and grayed out.

Compare scanned & printed copy to original.

Version 5.5
Build 313.1
Windows 8.1

Thanks,
Tom...
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Scan not quite 100% size

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the post, however, I'm not sure that I'm understanding the issue. Could you please send screen-shots of the correct output Vs. the incorrect output?

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Something in the explanation is not completely clear to me:
Is the 'empty' scanned PDF-form correct at 100% when it is printed ?

I understand that, once the PDF-form is 'filled' in, you must print it at 103% to be correctly sized.

Myself, I would suspect the 'page size' of the form (look into "Document Properties"), or the 'paper size' of the destination printer.

In a preferable scenario the 'page size' and the 'paper size' should be equal/identical, and in the best case they should also be equal to the original.

To resolve the problem, you could think about reprinting the 'empty' PDF to a new PDF by using 103% scaling.
So, your empty form will also print correctly at 100% scaling, when it is filled in.

Best regards.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Willy,

Thanks for the helpful suggestions :D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com