Adding Page Number to the PDF file

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

tony15973
User

Adding Page Number to the PDF file

Post by tony15973 »

Hi all,

I am doing a PDF document and would like to add the page number at the bottom left and right corner for odd and even pages.
However, when I am choosing the page range as Odd Pages Only, the page numbers appear on P.1,3,5,7,9 become P.1,2,3,4,5.

I am expecting that the page number at bottom right corner to be P. 1,3,5,7,9 and P.2,4,6,8,10 at bottom left corner.
What's wrong my xChange PDF Editor? Anyone face the similar case before?

Hope to hear you soon!!!

THANKSSSSSSS!!
StoryBoarder
User

Re: Adding Page Number to the PDF file

Post by StoryBoarder »

tony15973 wrote:What's wrong my xChange PDF Editor? Anyone face the similar case before?
Unfortunately yes, and the way I solved it was like this:
In the dialog "Setup Pages Range" you don't just select "Odd pages only" from the dropdown at the very bottom, but in the field directly above it you also enter all odd pages manually - like this "1,3,5,7,9 "
Tedious procedure if you have 100 pages or more, but it did work for me.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi all,

I just tested this here at my end - and am having no issues adding a header/footer with the needed values. Please check the attached image. Also please make sure you are using the latest Editor build.

The settings I used are accessed via Document -> Header and Footer -> Add...
And then adding a page macro, and then selecting the page range from the highlighted button.
The result is correctly only the odd numbers being added on the odd pages. I would have to repeat the steps to place the even numbers on the right of even pages.

Regards,
Stefan
Attachments
page_ranges.zip
(404.83 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hello,

For me, it also works correctly.
Even though, the "Setup Pages Range"-dialogbox may need some changes to make it more understandable.

At the right of the "All Pages" option, one could also add a Subset with All Pages, Odd Pages and Even Pages.
This would make it similar to the "Pages" option where you can introduce a range of pages, and indicate whether you like to treat All Pages, Odd Pages or Even Pages (in that range).

In either case, what tony15973 likes to realise, must actually be done in two steps.

Regards.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Willy,

Thanks for confirming it's also working for you, and yes - when the settings for odd and even pages are separate - the numbering will have to be done in two separate steps.

Regards,
Stefan
tony15973
User

Post by tony15973 »

Hi all,

I am currently using xChange PDF Pro and with the PDF editor of version 5.5 (308.2)

How can I get the update package?? or I have to buy a new version?

Thanks for the prompt respond!!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Tony,

If you have valid maintenance on your license key - the upgrade is free. If the maintenance has expired - just log in with your account and renew it, and then you will get a new serial number that will work with the current latest build (5.5.313.1 as of the time of this post).

Regards,
Stefan