Can Editor paginate?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

DrTeeth
User

Can Editor paginate?

Post by DrTeeth »

Hi,

Can editor (or viewer) paginate a long PDF file?

I use an amazing screen shot program (ScreenPresso). One of its features is that one can screen shot long web pages like in the attached file. I would like to convert it into a PDF file with pages so I can print it out on A4 sized paper. If I try to do this as is, I get the whole image printed out on one sheet or one sheet of A4 with a small portion of the image zoomed normally and nothing else. :( .

Thanks

DrTeeth
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Can Editor paginate?

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello DrTeeth,

Thank you for the post.

There is no way to split the large page into smaller ones with the Editor, but you can print it on several pages if that is the final goal. Please open your document, hit Ctrl+P, click the "Type:" dropdown menu from the "Pages placement and scaling tab" and select the "Tile large pages" option. You can also try playing with the options for zoom and overlay there for better results.

Alternatively, you could download and install our advanced PDF printer - PDF-XChange Standard and try our Internet Explorer add-in that comes with it to convert your websites directly to PDF.
You can find more information about PDF-XChange Standard here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/pd ... e-standard

Regards,
Radi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DrTeeth
User

Post by DrTeeth »

Thanks for the reply Radi. Unfortunately I do not have the issue frequently enough to purchase a copy of PDF-XChange Standard.

Cheers

DrT
Last edited by DrTeeth on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

:)
HaPe
User

Post by HaPe »

I recently experienced problems with long pdf-files just like the one posted by "DrTeeth".
If you crop the page and undo the crop action right afterwards the page looks different on the screen.However after saving the file and re-open it again everything is back to normal.

In some cases Editor even crashed.

I attached 2 videos to demonstrate what I mean.

The problem doesn't bother me that much,since I rarely have to crop long pages.Just thought I let you know about it
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello HaPe,

I managed to reproduce the Crop -> Undo issue, but not the crash. Can you please confirm that you are using build 313.1?

Best,
Stefan
HaPe
User

Post by HaPe »

Yes.
I am using build 313.1

regards
HaPe
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi HaPe,

Is there anything that you can think of, that we might be missing, that may cause the crash? Could you, perhaps, send a sample file that demonstrates the crash?

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
HaPe
User

Post by HaPe »

Hi Will,
I cannot reproduce the "crash" anymore.At the time when it happened it occured 2-3 times in a row,so I could capture it on my screen-recorder.However after restarting my system (Bill Gates wanted to update my system :) )the problem was gone.

regards
HaPe
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi HaPe,

I'm glad that it's stopped, hopefully it was related to some Windows updates. If it happens again, do please let us know and we'll dig deeper! :)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com