5.5.313.0 Change of UI language during upgrade

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

TerraD
User

5.5.313.0 Change of UI language during upgrade

Post by TerraD »

Hi

My PDF-XChange Editor was installed with English UI. Since my todays upgrade it changed to German. Something I absolutely don't want.
1) How can I change back to the English version
2) Why is German installed (without asking) when English preexisted?

Kind regards
Walter
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: 5.5.313.0 Change of UI language during upgrade

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Walter,

Please go to Edit -> Preferences -> Languages, and you can change back to English from there.
As for why the language was changed during install - most likely your locale settings are set to Germany (or a country that uses the German language and the Editor auto detected that).

Regards,
Stefan
TerraD
User

Post by TerraD »

Tnx, no idea why I did not find the languages settings earlier this day. Successfully changed it back.

However:
I do understand the Editor uses 'Regional settings' for the first installation - even if I would prefer to be asked in such a case...

But if the user later selects manually a different language, this language should not be changed back under no circumstance when updating the installation. And certainly not without asking! This only causes additional work.

Walter
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Walter,

Thanks for the post - I would agree on that point, it's at all possible for us to do.

Could you advise on how you updated? i.e. Did you use the Tracker Updater, or did you download the installer manually? If the latter, please advise on the specific name of the installer (i.e. PDFXVE5.exe/zip).

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
TerraD
User

Post by TerraD »

I updated directly out of PDF-XChange Editor. 'Help --> Check for Updates'. I suppose this is 'Tracker Updater'....
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi TerrD,

Thanks for the info. - that's correct, this would be the Tracker Updater. I will forward this along to the Dev. Team for investigation.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com