Make annotation pop-ups stay fixed in their position

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ArchStanton
User

Make annotation pop-ups stay fixed in their position

Post by ArchStanton »

As in the title. I don't want annotations to follow me while I'm scrolling on a page. Is it possible?

Congrats to Tracker anyway, great software. I'm going to move to Ubuntu and it seems that Editor runs flawlessly on Wine so to get used to it I've already made the switch from Reader, on Windows. I didn't think I would find anything better than Adobe's program. I hope it's the same on Linux.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Make annotation pop-ups stay fixed in their position

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello ArchStanton,

Thanks for the post and kind words. Unfortunately there is no way to stop the annotation pop ups (sticky notes) from "following" you as you scroll.

As for running on Ubuntu, it does seem to be functioning, though we no longer have any resident Ubuntu users in tech support, so if any problem arise while using Ubuntu, I am afraid the help we will be able to provide will be limited at best.

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
ArchStanton
User

Post by ArchStanton »

Thank you for the answer. It's not a big deal, the annotation issue I mean, not being able to run Editor on my next computer would...
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi ArchStanton,

Thanks for the understanding for the pop-ups. As for using our products under Ubuntu - you will be able to run it but we do not officially support our products under Wine. We do from time to time fix issues that show themselves under Wine, but this is not at the top of our priority list.

Regards,
Stefan
yannpaulo
User

Post by yannpaulo »

Please, bring a native client of PDF-Xchange Viewer to ubuntu. We already have Foxit, but PDF-Xchange is better!!
Yes, I am aware I can use it throwgh wine.
Thanx
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi yannpaulo,

Thanks for the post - this has been under consideration for quite some time, but given that an entire re-write of the application is required, it's an extremely time consuming and resource intensive job and is not something that we can commit ourselves to, at this time.

Also, please be aware that the Viewer is no longer actively being developed, as the Editor has replaced the Viewer, so it's highly unlikely that this would be done for the Viewer.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com