Problem editing content  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Paul - Tracker Supp, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

Post Reply
Boise12345
User
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 6:38 pm

Problem editing content

Post by Boise12345 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:39 am

I have been experiencing content pick issues. Example: I want to pick a text object or any "original content" and my pick ends up grabbing content I am not interested in editing. This is very annoying and counter productive. I must be doing something wrong? Please advise. Thanks, Boise

User avatar
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:46 pm

Re: Problem editing content

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:04 am

Hello Boise,

Thank you for the post. Could you please provide us with some screenshots and the sample file you used to create them. Please zip them and upload them here.

Regards,
Radi

Boise12345
User
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 6:38 pm

Re: Problem editing content

Post by Boise12345 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:35 am

Hi Radi,

Thank you for your reply.

In screenshot 1 I was trying to edit content and the border is highlighted and had to be deleted to do any other content editing. The editing I could do after I deleted the border was relligated to content outside of the building perimeter or else screenshot 2 would come in to play.

In screenshot I was trying to pick the "H1" text and the symbol surrounding that text but got the large box picked instead.

I can edit 80% of what I need to but my time spent doing so is 20x......... The other 20% I have to cover up with a white filled rectangle and makes my files huge.

Hopefully you can help with my issue.

Thanks,

Boise
Attachments
Screenshot 2 content.pdf
(557.57 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Screenshot 1 content.pdf
(712.58 KiB) Downloaded 135 times

Boise12345
User
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 6:38 pm

Re: Problem editing content

Post by Boise12345 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:39 am

[quote="Boise12345"]Hi Radi,


In screenshot I was trying to pick the "H1" text and the symbol surrounding that text but got the large box picked instead.



Should have typed "H2"

User avatar
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin
Posts: 13424
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:07 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Problem editing content

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:59 am

Hello Boise12345,

The objects inside the PDF page are placed in a given order, and the ones "on top" will be selected first before the ones further "down" the objects structure. So if the frame is the topmost object - it will be selected first.

To be able to select a specific object - you can try to use the contents pane (View -> Other panes -> content) - there you can select each object of the page individually, and then deal with it as needed.

Regards,
Stefan

Boise12345
User
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 6:38 pm

Re: Problem editing content

Post by Boise12345 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:46 am

Thank you Stefan!

User avatar
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin
Posts: 13424
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:07 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Problem editing content

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:37 pm

:)

Post Reply