Find and replace text function?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Find and replace text function?

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hello David and all,

I can totally agree with your vision and approach.

And because the smaller (Tracker) tends to follow the bigger one (Ad0be), that would be the easiest solution for now.

Best regards.

Willy
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

Like David, in most instances I have only wanted to change one word (or two) to another. I would imagine that changing bigger chunks of text could become quite messy.
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Arnold wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:43 amI would imagine that changing bigger chunks of text could become quite messy.
It certainly does get messy in Ad0be Acr0bat!

Adobe Acrobat Find and Replace 2.png

Best regards
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Everyone

Thank you David, for showcasing the biggest issue that is present with this feature request. Thought it is ongoing, we know quite well the difficulties that can arise, and as such it is something which intentionally is a lower priority than it otherwise would be. While we do see merit in the feature, there are also drawbacks. Our hope is that we can find a way to minimize those drawbacks in our possible implementation of such a function.

For the aforementioned reasons, I still cannot promise that this will be coming in any short timeframe, but it is still something which is in the works.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com