We would like to buy PDF-XChange product/s but are not completely sure of what products we need
- the further I search the Tracker web-site the more there is to chose from
We are consulting engineers (6 of us)
- (we are all >55 so not exactly IT geeks)
- have been using a web-based conversion service to PDF (leaves a lot to be desired and is not secure)
- major (govt) clients are now pressing for contract documentation on PDF (not word processing programs)
I have looked at and tried so many PDF programs but so many are substandard or bundled with "adware"
- 12 months with Editor (and this forum) has given me enough confidence to go with PDF-XChange
We want to ...
- create PDF files from MS-Word and Libre-Office - (or build PDFs)
- create bookmarks in new PDF files
- add comments to existing PDF files
- print virtual PDFs of emails (using a fork of mozilla Thunderbird -- PostBox)
- print virtual PDFs of web-pages (in Palemoon)
I read somewhere in this forum that is only possible through Internet Explorer (?)
- I also write addins for AutoCad and Excel -- MS Apps are not good enough for User Manuals