Not supported in Mac  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

JadeLand
User

Not supported in Mac

Post by JadeLand »

Hello, I have been using pdf change to do area takeoffs on my pc for a couple years. I am a big fan of this program. For other reasons I have just switched my computers to Mac and to my dismay it seems that change is not Mac supported. I have searched for 2 days for an alternative but nothing compares. Are there any options for me to somehow use PDF Xchange on mac. I think installing windows via parallels perhaps. But something simpler?

Question 2: Are there any plans to design a Mac compatible version?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Not supported in Mac

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi JadeLand,

Thanks for the post - I'm afraid that none of us here are particularly familiar with MAC, so the only suggestion that we could make, would be parallels. You may want to consider Wine or CrossOver. Please do be aware though, that the use of our software through parallels is not officially supported and, while many users have great success with our software on MAC, in this manner, there may be some issues.

I'm afraid that, at this time, there are no plans to release a MAC compatible version of the software. This would be a major undertaking and require and entire re-write of any application(s) that we were porting to MAC. We simply don't have the resources to commit to this at this time, though that's not to say that it will never be done.

Hope that helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
JadeLand
User

Post by JadeLand »

Thanks for the prompt reply....

That's what I thought you would say.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Sorry that I couldn't deliver better news, but I'm afraid that it's all I have at this time :(
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
shi_jimmy
User

Post by shi_jimmy »

I strongly request develop a mac version for our use even i need to pay for get this software in my macbook.

many thanks
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi shi_jimmy,

Thanks for the post - we still currently have no firm plans on if/when this will be done, though discussions are set to take place soon.

Please be aware that this is not a trivial matter and would require that we completely re-write all of our software, from the ground-up. This makes it an extremely complex and time consuming endeavour that would not allow us to release this withing a few months.

Thanks,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
shi_jimmy
User

Post by shi_jimmy »

Will - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi JadeLand,

Thanks for the post - I'm afraid that none of us here are particularly familiar with MAC, so the only suggestion that we could make, would be parallels. You may want to consider Wine or CrossOver. Please do be aware though, that the use of our software through parallels is not officially supported and, while many users have great success with our software on MAC, in this manner, there may be some issues.

I'm afraid that, at this time, there are no plans to release a MAC compatible version of the software. This would be a major undertaking and require and entire re-write of any application(s) that we were porting to MAC. We simply don't have the resources to commit to this at this time, though that's not to say that it will never be done.

Hope that helps!
This is better solution, thanks.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

:)
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
donio
User

Post by donio »

Hello,

any news about the mac version?

Thanks
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Donio,

For now there are no plans for a Mac version for our products!

Regards,
Stefan
mjm.0
User

Post by mjm.0 »

Please re-open this topic. As a new user, I would like to know WHEN will..this be supported
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, mjm.0

I must apologize, but am afraid that there is nothing to further discuss on the topic. We have not begun development for mac, and currently do not have any plans to do so.

It would require us to nearly double the size of our development team and sink months (if not years) of dedicated development into that team, then many more months of testing and fine tuning to ensure that we are offering the same product. It would also slow down our overall development time significantly, as the two teams would need to discuss each change at length before anything could begin to happen.

Our CEO does not see the return on investment for this and has made the executive decision to say "No" on this front. Until he changes his mind, we will not be entertaining the idea of Mac development.

The only way to use our software on a Mac currently is to Run a windows emulation software on the device, such as Parallels, and have a licensed version of windows installed there.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com