Typewriter Tool

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Arnold
User

Typewriter Tool

Post by Arnold »

I often have to type in a response on a form consisting of only 1 or 2 numbers using the Typewriter tool. Some forms get re-done regularly, and I then have to edit those boxes. When I click on the box, the control points/handles, etc. cover up the box. I cannot get to the text. I can delete and retype, but maybe I am missing something here. Is there a way to make the control points, etc. less obtrusive in text boxes produced with the Typewriter or a shortcut key? See attached.

Thanks.
Attachments
Typewriter.zip
(4.07 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Typewriter Tool

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Arnold,

thanks for the screen shot. This might seem a little simplistic, but have you tried zooming in? CTRL+mouse wheel...

Am I missing the point here perhaps? That does mean an extra step to do the zooming but I'm not sure it's practical to resize the handles....
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

That is one work around I could use. One extra step, but I simply did not think of zooming in. The Viewer worked a little differently, so this never presented a problem.

Thank you.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Glad we could be of help, Arnold.

Cheers! :D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

I went back and worked in the Viewer again. The difference is not the handle size at all. With the Viewer I can double click after the box is selected, no matter what the cursor looks like. This allows the text to be edited in the box, and the handles disappear. With the Editor it no longer works. Please, please fix this. Zooming in and out will work, but will be so time consuming.

Thank you.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi Arnold,

You are absolutely right! I have to try a couple times to reproduce it, but reproduce it I did. The Handles do indeed block the ability to edit the annotation when they cover it up. I've created another ticket for this: Please reference RT#2650 when requesting an update to this.

Cheers!

PS: Thank you for your diligence Arnold. Your patience is much appreciated.
:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

Thank you so much Patrick. I fill out so many bids and forms in pdf format, this will be a tremendous time saver. I do many different things with the Editor. It has always been that same way with the Viewer.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:D
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com