Very sensitive when using tablet

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

justposted
User

Very sensitive when using tablet

Post by justposted »

I use a graphics tablet (Wacom Bamboo) to do most of my PDF work. XChange Editor is particularly sensitive to movement, so trying to double click by double tapping on an object also makes the object move slightly about 90% of the time.

It's a pretty specific issue, but I wonder whether there is any way to reduce the sensitivity of movement by a notch. Like a tiny delay to movement so that double tap is registered as trying to edit, rather than immediately trying to move.

Doesn't happen in (or at least not nearly so much) with other software like Bluebeam or Word.

Thanks.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Very sensitive when using tablet

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi justposted,

Thanks for the post. Currently there is no such option, however we are working on improving the "touch interface". Your feedback is much appreciated. I have just tested what you are reporting on my Windows 8.1 touch screen laptop, and it seems ok. Could you make sure you are using the latest version and build by running this installer:

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVE5.zip

I do hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi, justposted.
...double click by double tapping on an object also makes the object move slightly about 90% of the time.
We will investigate and fix this issue in the near future. Please wait...

Best
Regards.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Post by Corwin - Tracker Sup »

Hello justposted,

Please try to change Double-Tap settings in
Control Panel -> Pen and Touch, select Double-tap and click "Settings..."

HTH.